From $100 per person
If you are an occupant who is required to be ‘emergency aware’ in a facility, then this course is a must for you.
It covers the skills and knowledge required by occupants in a facility such as a building, structure or workplace, as specified in Australian Standard (AS) 3745 and AS 4083 to recognise and report emergencies, respond to emergency warnings and advice and to take appropriate action during the emergency such as choosing the most appropriate course of action and evacuating from a danger area.
All aspects of this course will be undertaken in accordance with legislative requirements, organisational policies and procedures and accepted safe practices.
Participants in this course will also learn how to effectively:
- Apply Work, Health and Safety (WHS)/Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) requirements, including identifying hazards and controlling risks
- Comply with legislation, industry standards, codes of practice and regulations
- Follow facility emergency procedures and direction of emergency control organisation members and/or attending emergency services
- Identify and evacuate occupants who may require assistance
- Maintain their own safety and the safety of others in emergency situations
- Participate in emergency response exercises including briefings, debriefings, simulations, reviews and desk top drills
The following units will be included in your certificate:
An individual undertaking this course with Allens Training Pty Ltd will need to demonstrate the following to be eligible for entry:
- Capability to complete the practical demonstrations for the course, including:
- Ability to identify and locate facility emergencies
- Participate in emergency response exercises
- Use the communication system to respond to facility emergencies
- Provide training in emergency response procedures, emergency control structures and equipment
- Complete facility emergency documentation
Individuals undertaking this course will be expected to complete both written and practical assessment tasks.
This certificate does not require renewal
- Prepare for Emergency Situations
- Respond & follow instructions for a fire emergency